Apps, websites, and downloadable content curated by our transportation experts to help you get the most out of your day.
Local Covid-19 Updates
We’re committed to keeping you informed! Visit the links below to find the latest news about COVID-19.
Video Conference Backgrounds
Looking for a new, professional, and clean Zoom background? Save one of these for your next virtual meeting.
Ergonomic Home Office Guide
Poor ergonomics within your workspace can significantly affect your comfort, focus, and performance. Click on the Ergonomic Home Office Guide picture below to learn how to correctly sit at your desk and set up an ergonomic workspace.
Printable To-Do List
Unleash your productivity and reflect on your day with our printable to-do list. Click on the to-do list picture below, print it out, or save it to your device to make progress on your tasks.
What is a SmarTrip Card?
A SmarTrip card is a reloadable farecard used to pay Metrorail, Metrobus, and regional bus systems in Virginia, Maryland, and DC.
Why buy a SmarTrip Card?
A SmarTrip card helps you navigate the DC region’s transit system with ease and provides you with discounted fares or free transfers on some services. Plus, if you work for a company that provides commuter benefits, you’ll need a SmarTrip card to receive your benefits.
How much does a SmarTrip Card cost?
The total cost of a single SmarTrip card is $10 which includes a $2 fee for the card and $8 in pre-loaded fare that is ready for you to use.
Where to buy a SmarTrip Card?
- At Metrorail Stations: SmarTrip dispensers are available at all Metrorail stations.
- Get the App: Download the SmarTrip mobile app on your iPhone or Android.
- Online: Purchase a SmarTrip card online and receive it via mail.
- Local Retail Store: Select CVS/pharmacy and Giant Food stores in the region that display the SmarTrip® sign.
- Local Transit Store: Your nearest Commuter Store is located at the Shirlington Transit Center at 2975 S Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22206. You can purchase a SmarTrip card at any Commuter Store (Arlington) or Connector Store (Fairfax).
Where can you use a SmarTrip Card?
You can use your SmarTrip card to pay for the following transit services:
Capital Bikeshare 101
Capital Bikeshare is the Washington, DC region’s bikeshare service, with 5,000+ bikes and 600+ stations. Alexandria is home to over 40 stations and growing!
Capital Bikeshare is great for one-way trips with docking stations near any destination and e-bikes that help you cover greater distance and tackle hills.
To start using Capital Bikeshare:
- Visit your nearest Capital Bikeshare station at N Beauregard Street and Berkeley Street or find a bike using the Capital Bikeshare or Lyft app
- Purchase in the app or by credit card at the Capital Bikeshare station kiosk
- Lift your bike of choice out of the docking station by the seat and pull
- Adjust your seat, add any items to the front basket, and bicycle to your destination
- Dock your bike at any bikeshare station near your destination and wait for the light on the dock to turn green to finish your ride!
What does it cost to ride Capital Bikeshare?
Capital Bikeshare offers single trip, 24-hour, 30-day, and annual membership options. 30-day and annual memberships include all rides under 45 minutes and special discounts on e-bikes. To try Capital Bikeshare, a single trip will cost:
- $1 to unlock a bike and $0.05 per minute on a classic (red) bike
- $1 to unlock a bike and $0.15 per minute on an e-bike (black)
No Capital Bikeshare station where you’re heading? You can lock a Capital Bikeshare e-bike to any public bike rack, instead of a Capital Bikeshare station, for only $2 extra.
Ride Capital Bikeshare all year long for $95 with an annual membership, and take unlimited trips up to 45 minutes for free! Check if your employer is a corporate partner for discounted or free memberships.
Regional Incentives and Programs
There are many available programs and incentives to support how you choose to move around the region. Check these out to find more ways to save money and make the most of your commute.
Receive Up to $700 for Sharing Your Ride
Interested in commuting with others? The region offers a number of programs that can help cover the cost of parking or commuting in a carpool / vanpool.
Vanpool Alliance can help you receive $300+ when you join or start a vanpool in Northern Virginia. If you travel on I-66 or I-395, you can receive additional funds towards the cost of parking your van near your work site.
Learn more about Vanpool Alliance
Commuter Connections offers ‘Pool Rewards which provides $200 per month for qualifying vanpools or up to $130 for new carpools during a 90-day period.
Learn more about ‘Pool Rewards
Guaranteed Ride Home
Guaranteed Ride Home ensures you’re never stranded without a way home from work by providing up to four (4) free rides home per year in cases of personal or family emergency or unscheduled overtime. If you bike, take transit, carpool or vanpool to work, make sure to register and renew annually so you have a ride home when you need it most.
Register for Guaranteed Ride Home
Earn Cash While You Commute
Commuter Connections’ incenTrip helps you find new options to commute to work or for errands and helps you earn money while you bike, Metro, walk, or carpool to your destination. Receive up to $600 per year simply by logging your trips.
Sign up for incenTrip