Living at West Alex also offers convenient bus service to Pentagon Metro Station via Metrobus 7A and DASH Line 35.
What is a SmarTrip Card?
A SmarTrip card is a reloadable farecard used to pay Metrorail, Metrobus, and regional bus systems in Virginia, Maryland, and DC.
Why buy a SmarTrip Card?
A SmarTrip card helps you navigate the DC region’s transit system with ease and provides you with discounted fares or free transfers on some services. Plus, if you work for a company that provides commuter benefits, you’ll need a SmarTrip card to receive your benefits.
How much does a SmarTrip Card cost?
The total cost of a single SmarTrip card is $10 which includes a $2 fee for the card and $8 in pre-loaded fare that is ready for you to use.
Where to buy a SmarTrip Card?
- At Metrorail Stations: SmarTrip dispensers are available at all Metrorail stations.
- Get the App: Download the SmarTrip mobile app on your iPhone or Android.
- Online: Purchase a SmarTrip card online and receive it via mail.
- Local Retail Store: Select CVS/pharmacy and Giant Food stores in the region that display the SmarTrip® sign.
- Local Transit Store: Your nearest Commuter Store is located at the Shirlington Transit Center at 2975 S Quincy Street, Arlington, VA 22206. You can purchase a SmarTrip card at any Commuter Store (Arlington) or Connector Store (Fairfax).
Where can you use a SmarTrip Card?
You can use your SmarTrip card to pay for the following transit services: